If you too rely on Google’s traffic as the main source to attract new customers to your business, it is very likely that you have faced the consequences – both good and bad – of the fact that SEO is always changing.
As algorithms change, certain approaches to SEO become more powerful than others. This in itself means that businesses need to be aware of what works in SEO and what does not, in order to avoid being penalized by Google.
But then, what are some of the key statistics you should know regarding SEO? In order to make it easier to follow what’s going on, we have not only compiled different SEO statistics but then broken them up into the different types of SEO.
Hopefully, by the end of it all, you will not only have a better understanding of many of SEO’s main principles, but will be in a position to apply them to your own online strategy. Ultimately, it should lead to your website achieving a better ranking on the search engine results pages. But remember that SEO is indeed ever changing, so don’t rest on your laurels.
That being said, allow us to guide you through our stats and facts connected to the world of SEO.
Fascinating SEO Facts & Stats (Editors Choice)
- 67k searches are performed on Google every second
- 39% of all global ecommerce traffic comes from search
- 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine
- Nearly 80% of users ignore paid ads in search results
- 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020
- 58% of searches come from mobile
- 97% of page-one results have at least one image on the page
- 46% of all Google searches are local