Google Search Console, formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools, is a free Google service that enables you to keep track of and maintain the visibility of your website in Google Search results. Although you are not required to sign up for Search Console in order for your website to appear in Google's search results, doing so might help you learn how Google sees your website and improve its performance there.
This tool allows you to:
- Sitemaps should be sent to Google repeatedly.
- Keep an eye on the speed and crawl rate of your website.
- Review the number of pages and images that Google has indexed.
- Review 10% of the keyword phrases that made your website appear on Google..
- Provides you with information on the 10% of key phrases' clicks, impressions, click-through rate, and position.
- Gives you the option to set your website's choice to either the www. version or the non-www. version
- Additionally, it notifies you if your website has any malware or spam problems.
- In order to check the health of your website, Diginow strongly advises setting up Search Console if you don't already.
Steps to Take When Verifying Your Search Console Account
To make sure that Google is aware that you are the website's owner or that the specific account has authorization to view the website's data, you must have your website validated using the search console. We can validate your website in four distinct methods.
Step 1: Log into the same account that you used to set up your Google Analytics account.
Step 2: Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en, this will prompt you to create a search console account. When the word ‘property’ is shown, this is referring to your website. Once you have inputted your website, click “add property”.
Step 3: You must now confirm that you are the site's owner. There are four distinct ways to verify your account.
- Adding an HTML tag to the sites home page. This can be done by your website provider or tbk Creative can complete this for you with FTP access.
- You can sign in to your domain name provider.
- You can verify it through your Google Analytics account as long as you have the access to edit, collaborate and read & analyze.
- You can verify it through your Google Tag Manager account if you have one.
Step 4: Click "verify" after selecting the verification method you want to use. Your account will be configured in your search panel after being verified.
Step 5: You will always be a property owner since you set up the site. You can add users to your property by clicking "users and property owners" in the settings drop-down menu..
Step 6: You will see a preview of who currently has access to the property. To add a new user, click the “add a new user” button.
Step 7: You will need to add their email and edit their permission. There are only restricted and full permissions. To view the full list of the permission features, visit: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2451999?hl=en&authuser=1
Step 8: Click "add", now you have added your user...
Interested in working with Diginow? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
We are a Creative Web Design Agency London & Leicester, specialising in Bespoke Website Design, Web Development, Branding and Digital Marketing.